Over the past two days, investigators with the Statesboro-Bulloch Crime Suppression Team conducted a reverse prostitution sting with the cooperation of a local motel. As prostitution is now facilitated in many cases on the internet, investigators used a classified internet advertising website to arrange transactions. The individuals who responded to the specified motel to complete the sexual transaction were then arrested.
C.S.T. began this investigation after receiving complaints from the public and information from other law enforcement agencies. Prostitution brings with it other issues, such as drug activity, robberies, and the use of underage and sex trafficked women. The reverse stings make the crime more dangerous for “Johns” to participate in and hopefully deters them from doing so.
- Brandon Chiang, 20 yoa, Derenne Avenue Savannah Ga, 1 ct pandering and 1 ct obstruction
- David Talbot, 43 yoa, Highway 23 Reidsville Ga, 1 ct pandering
- Charles Ford Jr, 38 yoa, Garfield Street Statesboro Ga, 1 ct pandering
- Scott Lariscey, 42 yoa, Park Avenue Statesboro Ga, 1 ct pandering
- Lee Purvis, 42 yoa, West Main Street Claxton Ga, 1 ct pandering
- Whitman Scott, 30 yoa, Oak Hill MHP Statesboro Ga, 1 ct pandering and 1 ct sexual battery
- John Peavy, 48 yoa, Shearhouse Rd Guyton Ga, 1 ct pandering
- Spencer Flythe III, 35 yoa, Old Register Rd Statesboro Ga, 1 ct pandering
- Richard Waters, 50 yoa, Beulah Church Rd Harrison Ga, 1 ct pandering
- Berry David, 53 yoa, Old Tremont Rd Cordele ga, 1 ct pandering
- Travis Roberts, 26 yoa, Effingham Highway Sylvania Ga, 1 ct pandering
- Dekara Lee, 23 yoa, Palm Beach Florida, 1 ct prostitution and 1 ct keeping a place of prostitution